Crimp Terminals, Ring Terminals, Disconnect Terminals
What Are Solderless Terminals Used For ?
Solderless terminals are used to finish the connection to thousands of different electrical installations. They are very versatile and come in many styles to suit many applications. They are made of copper (economy versions use brass) and they are tin-plated to prevent corrosion.
What Are The Four Main Terminal Styles And How Are They Used ?
Non-insulated terminals are simple tin-plated copper connectors. These are the least expensive because they have no insulation and are one piece only. They are used when there will never be any danger of someone short circuiting the connection through inadvertent touching.
2) PVC insulated terminals are the most common. The barrel of the terminal is insulated with PVC plastic to protect against short circuits. The PVC and the copper barrel are crimped once to fix the terminal to the bare wire.
3) Nylon insulated terminals are sometimes called “double crimp” terminals. They are crimped once on the bare wire and once on the insulation of the wire. This makes the “pull-out strength” of the terminal much superior. This product is ideal for high vibration or heavy industrial applications since the crimp is extra secure. Note that nylon insulation has a distinct clear look to it.
4) Heat shrink insulated terminals utilize a plastic and glue that insulates the connection. After crimping or soldering the terminal, a torch or electric heat gun is used to shrink the insulation around the wire and the glue inside the insulation makes a moisture resistant seal. This product is ideal for trucks, autos, and other applications where dust and moisture could compromise the connection.
What Are The Four Main Types of Termination Available ?
1) Ring terminals are the most common. The ring on the end of the terminal is attached to a threaded stud and held in place with a nut. There are different size ring holes (or studs) depending on the equipment.
Spade terminals look like a two pronged fork. The advantage of a spade terminal is that you can attach them to a stud without completely removing the nut. Just loosen the nut, insert the spade terminal, and re-tighten. Some spades have a locking mechanism or bent flange that holds the spade in place even when the nut is loose.
3) Disconnect terminals slide in and out of each other. Naturally, one is female and one is male. These are used when the connection needs to be disconnected frequently. It is easy to slide the disconnect terminal on or off. Some disconnects are “fully insulated” so that no part of the connection is exposed after pushing the two together.
Butt splices are simple tubes that are used to connect two pieces of wire. One piece of wire is inserted into each side of the butt splice and the wire is crimped on each side. This is especially helpful to reconnect a wire that is accidentally cut.
5) There are other specialty terminals as well. Ferrules, piggy back, snap plug etc. Contact elecDirect.com for information or application advice on these products
So the time has come for you to stock up on many of your electrical supplies once again, or perhaps a few of them need to be replaced, and you are wondering where the best place would be to find some quality ring terminals which you can rely on. So many places around town have a few things to offer, but what you are interested in is some ring terminals that will not leave you stranded due to being of inferior quality. This is where it would be a wise idea to do your shopping at ElecDirect, because with plenty of time spent in providing the highest quality electrical supplies to everyone out there, you can rest assured that all of your needs will be met in hardly any time at all. The benefits are numerous and many people are constantly referring back to ElecDirect for more quality and great deals, so it is time for you to go online and see what this company can do for you when you need ring terminals of any kind.
One of the first things which one will notice about ElecDirect is quite simply that they have a huge selection of all things related to electrical supplies. They have made sure to carry over one thousand different terminals in their collection which will be ready to ship as soon as possible, usually the same day or the day after. One can find precisely what is needed on this user-friendly website so that it will take out the hassles of shopping for electrical supplies at the local home improvement stores. Most of the stores around town do carry plenty of electrical options, but most are for the major electrical supplies so that means it might be difficult to find certain terminals that go with certain equipment. This is not a concern with ElecDirect due to their great selection, so sit back and relax because shopping just got a lot easier. Browse through hundreds of ring terminals just by going online. You will not even have to bother with sorting through disorganized shelves of terminals because shopping online allows anyone to narrow down all the options. The benefits are numerous and time will be saved just by clicking a mouse.
One other benefit which many people love about ElecDirect when they are in need of ring terminals is that the middle man is cut out and this company will be more than happy to pass on the savings to you. Purchasing from certain quality manufacturers means that each client of ElecDirect can receive the same quality and the same great benefits because this website realizes that in order to build a list of success stories, they must ensure complete customer satisfaction with their products. So if you need things like ring terminals or other electrical supplies, refer to the best in the electrical industry at ElecDirect! You will not be disappointed with all the savings and superior quality behind each product that comes from this user-friendly website.